Successfully Evaluating Software Developers with Genuent Talent On Demand
Sarah Bayle, Director of Business Development – Houston, TX
Kimberly Rush, Lead Resource Development Manager – Houston, TX
How do you know if you’ve found the right talent for your software development team? Even seasoned Software Development Managers understand there are challenges to effectively evaluating a developer’s skill set. To make the hiring process fast and effective, we’ve put together a few tips such as using coding challenges and soft skill assessments to successfully screen candidates for your organization’s software developer needs.
To be efficient when hiring, you first need to have a clear understanding of the type of developer needed for the project. Here are a few questions to ask yourself about the role:
- Will the developer be working on a web or desktop application?
- Will the developer be working on new development projects or system enhancements? (SDLC)
- What does the technology stack include?
- Will the project utilize specific development methodologies?
- Are there design or architecture responsibilities?
- Is the project team distributed?
- Is domain knowledge required?
Now that you have a full understanding of the need, it is time to start the recruiting and hiring process. If you don’t have the time and resources you need to qualify your software development candidates in person, how do you evaluate their personality and technical skill sets?
Utilizing Genuent Talent On Demand
Genuent Talent On Demand is the ideal platform to support hiring managers that don’t have the tools to successfully screen and qualify software development candidates.
The creation of Genuent Talent On Demand is built on Genuent’s mission of enhancing the candidate and hiring manager’s experience by shortening the interview process, increasing the efficiency of recruiters, adding additional layers of screening to highlight skills, incorporating technical coding tests, and providing video to capture a candidate’s unique personality and insight.
Genuent Talent On Demand is a mixture of Genuent’s expansive industry knowledge and technology. Whether hiring for contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire, Genuent meets with you to outline your hiring needs and determine the technical and soft skills needed for your open software developer position. To efficiently deliver pre-screened talent, the Genuent Talent On Demand process includes the following steps.
- First, Genuent recruiters meet with you to outline the hiring needs uncovered in your initial project discussion. The team at Genuent then determines the technical and soft skills needed for your developer role, allowing them to pre-screen candidates for you.
- Genuent creates and submits candidate profiles based on your specific project needs.
- The candidate profiles provided include video interviews, resumes, technical testing and assessments, customized questionnaires, portfolios or projects, and reviews.
- The hiring manager has the ability to select candidates to interview or immediately hire from the Genuent Talent On Demand online platform.
- The candidate onboarding process begins once the candidate is selected!
Genuent Talent On Demand works side-by-side with you throughout the hiring process. For a hiring manager, evaluating a software developer’s skill set is an overwhelming task, but with Genuent Talent On Demand you feel confident that you have the tools needed to accurately screen your technical talent.
Let Genuent handle the qualification process for you. By pre-screening your candidates, conducting technical tests and providing you with video interviews, you have the ability to quickly select quality candidates that you are confident can handle the project ahead and fit your company’s culture.
Having a clear understanding of the hiring needs and utilizing tools such as Genuent Talent On Demand, sets you and your organization up for success in searching for your new software developer!